Osborne "Resources on Aging in Prison"
Resources on Aging in Prison
- "The High Costs of Low Risk: The Crisis of America's Aging Prison Population" makes recommendations for reducing the population of incarcerated elderly people and taking proactive steps to reintegrate in to their communities. Published May 2018. Read media coverage of the report here.
- CEO Elizabeth Gaynes addresses the New York State Assembly, October 30, 2017 | Testimony at Assembly Committees on Health and Corrections
- The Center for Justice at Columbia University | Aging in Prison: Reducing Elder Incarceration and Promoting Public Safety
- Prison Policy Initiative | New BJS report explores the graying of prisons
- Bureau of Justice Statistics | Aging Of The State Prison Population, 1993-2013
- Bureau of Justice Statistics | 2018 Update on Prisoner Recidivism: A 9-Year Follow-up Period (2005-2014)
- Read the CSH brief, A Lifetime of Independence: Recommendations to the New York City Supportive Housing Task Force